DATES TO PUT ON YOUR CALENDAR
- S.O.A.P.S MEETING 7 PM – Third Monday of the month: Jan. 21, Feb. 18, Mar. 18, Apr. 15, May 20, June 17, July 15, Aug. 19, Sept. 16, Oct. 21, Nov. 18
- January 26 – Puttin on the Dog event. Items needed for Silent Auction.
- FEBRUARY – Spay/Neuter Pets Month; National Pet Dental Health Month; Responsible Pet Owners Month;
- APRIL – Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month
- April 7-13, National Animal Control Appreciation Week, www.nacanet.org
- May 6-12, Be Kind to Animals Week, www.americanhumane.org
- May 19–25, National Dog Bite Prevention Week, www.avma.org
- JUNE – ADOPT A SHELTER CAT MONTH, www.americanhumane.org, www.aspca.org.
- August 17 – International Homeless Animals Day, www.isaronline.org
- OCTOBER – Adopt a Shelter Dog Month, www.americanhumane.org, www.aspca.org.
- October 13-19, National Veterinary Technician Week, first celebrated in 1993, takes place in the third week of October each year, and provides an opportunity to recognize veterinary technicians’ contributions.
- NOVEMBER – ADOPT A SENIOR PET MONTH, www.aspca.org
SOAPS – New Year’s Resolution
Let’s start 2013 off by making a resolution to keep.
SOAPS has over 100 animals in foster care. Less than a dozen dedicated care givers make sure these animals are fed, cleaned up after and loved 365 days out of the year. Neither holidays, freezing rain, or 100 degree plus heat matters to these dogs and cats. All they know is that they depend on someone to make the sacrifice to see that they get the care they need and deserve.
We need more members to foster. To care enough to be there when others won’t. To take time from your family to care for these most vulnerable of God’s creation, and not make excuses, or turn your head, or leave it up to someone else. Make 2013 the year you step up, and be a foster caregiver.
SOAPS 4th Annual “Spay-ghetti Dinner”
Tuesday, February 26, 2012 5:00-9:00 PM
At the Vidalia Community Center
Our 4th Annual “Spay-ghetti Dinner” is being planned for Tuesday, February 26th. This year we plan to hold a bake sale – get out those recipes please!