DATES TO PUT ON YOUR CALENDAR
S.O.A.P.S MEETINGS: Third Monday of each month: May 19, June 16, July 21, August 18, September 15, October 20 (maybe), November 17.
As you will note, we are NOT meeting in the summer months of June, July and August.
We are looking for ideas to encourage membership.
SOAPS continues to be in need of foster homes and people to help with transport. These are critical areas for our work to continue. Please consider volunteering.
SPAY/NEUTER PROGRAM ENDS
A reminder–SOAPS is no longer issuing vouchers for neutering pets. If you talk with people, please let them know this is because we simply can’t afford to continue sterilizing all the animals in this area.
Common Poisons for Pets
Consult your vet immediately if you suspect your pet has ingested poison. Be prepared to provide as much information as you can, such as what type of poison it was, how much your pet ingested, and when it happened. Follow your vet’s instructions carefully.
Common poisons include:
- Human medication, such as aspirin or Tylenol.
- Antifreeze (windshield wiper fluid). The taste appeals to dogs and cats – but a even a small amount can be fatal!
- Household cleansers – oven cleaners, floor cleansers, furniture polish, etc.
- Rat and mouse poisons.
- Gardening supplies – weed killers, insecticides, slug bait, etc.
- Paint and paint solvents.
- Plants, both indoor and outdoor.
- Animal stings or bites, ie. snake, bee.